Documentation to fly in Spain

The travel documentation changes depending on the destination and the origin of the passengers. Oddly enough, and it’s not very common, forgetting the documentation or not having the necessary one is one of the reasons why some people stay on land. For this reason, it is of vital importance to know perfectly the documentation required to fly.

Generally, the airline is responsible for requesting the documentation at the time of check-in. Also to receive the boarding pass when boarding the aircraft. Below we explain the documentation you need to fly from the :

Flights within Spain

People from Spain: documentation to fly

On routes between two Spanish airports, it is necessary for every person of Spanish origin over 14 years of age to show one of the following:

  • DNI or passport.
  • Driving license issued in Spain (check with your airline to confirm if it is accepted).

Those under 14 years old are exempt from showing any documentation. The companion with whom you make the journey will be responsible for you.

Passengers from other countries: documentation to fly

Passengers of non-Spanish origin who fly between two aerodromes located in Spanish territory are required to show one of the documents set out below:

  • Driving license issued in Spain.
  • Valid identity document or passport.
  • Residence Permit from Spain or from one of the states of the Schengen area in force.

Flights to other countries

Flights to Schengen states

In case of traveling to countries in the Schengen zone, these will be the documents that passengers will have to show when boarding:

  • Valid identity document or passport for passengers from the Schengen area or from other states.
  • Passengers of Spanish origin: DNI or passport in validity period.

List of Schengen countries

  • Germany.
  • Belgium.
  • Slovakia.
  • Spain.
  • Finland.
  • Greece.
  • Iceland.
  • Latvia.
  • Lithuania.
  • Malta.
  • Netherlands.
  • Portugal.
  • Sweden.
  • Austria.
  • Denmark.
  • Slovenia.
  • Estonia.
  • France.
  • Hungary.
  • Italy.
  • Liechtenstein.
  • Luxembourg.
  • Norway.
  • Poland.
  • Czech Republic.
  • Switzerland.

Travel to countries outside the Schengen area and outside the European Union

Some countries outside the EU or countries in the EU but not in the Schengen area ask for a passport with at least six months of validity. Others also require an entry visa. You must apply for these visas at the embassy or consulate of the destination country.

That is, passengers traveling to non-Schengen countries of the EU or outside the European Union will have to present the following documents:

  • Passengers of Spanish origin: National Identity Document or valid passport.
  • People from the Schengen area or from other countries: Valid passport or identity document.

List of non-Schengen EU countries

  • Cyprus.
  • Ireland.
  • Bulgaria.
  • Croatia.
  • Romania.
pamplona airport documentation

For more information, I advise you to visit the . In addition, I invite you to visit the page to learn more about airport routes.