Hand luggage is an increasingly important thing in air travel. More and more people choose to carry luggage with themselves, bearing in mind the high costs of airlines. When flying from the Pamplona airport, you have to take into account the questions that are developed below regarding hand luggage.
Índice de Contenidos
Hand luggage in Binter
The Binter airline can boast of having one of the best valued baggage policies of all. And it is that practically all the airline’s rates include the check-in of a baggage of up to 23 kilos. Therefore, hand luggage is not usually a problem when flying with this airline. We specify below the Binter baggage policy.
1 package of 52cm x 40cm x 25cm and 8 kilos
Flights from Pamplona airport with this airline allow 1 bag of maximum 8 kilograms. The measurements of the luggage must be, at most, 52cm x 40cm x 25cm.
Even so, in case there is not enough space on board, Binter reserves the possibility of removing certain hand luggage to load it in the hold of the plane, free of charge.
On board, apart from hand luggage, Binter allows passengers to carry personal effects. In this way, said personal effects can be the following:
- Baby food.
- Small camera.
- Reading for the journey.
- Mobile phone or smartphone.
- Layette or crib for babies.
- Computer or portable device.
- Shopping bag at the airport.
- Coat or flight blanket.
Baggage up to 23kg
Binter allows, on most flights, to check in a second baggage of up to 23 kilos apart from the mentioned baggage. However, as in other cases, you can have a maximum weight of 32 kilograms paying an extra for each kilogram. Please note that the maximum size of checked baggage is 158cm x 158cm x 158cm. This option is included in all fares for trips operated by this airline, except for the ‘Basic’.
For more information on this, I recommend you visit the page of the Binter website dedicated to this topic.
Iberia hand luggage
On the flights of the Iberia group in Pamplona, the hand luggage with which you can board the plane varies depending on the fare purchased:
- Business Plus Long Radius.
- Tourist and Premium Tourist.
- Business Class Short and Medium Radio.
Personal accessories must have maximum dimensions of 40x30x15 centimeters and be located under the front seat.
For its part, cabin luggage must have a maximum size of 56x40x25 centimeters and be located in the upper compartments. Iberia reminds you that you must check the suitcase if it exceeds the established dimensions and that you must be able to insert it into the upper compartments without help.
Finally, it should be remembered that Iberia advises accessing the plane with only a bag or briefcase and checking in the cabin bag free of charge. For more information, we invite you to visit its official website.
AENA issues a series of tips when boarding with hand luggage:
- Always carry your medications with you and close at hand in case you need them.
- Make photocopies of important documents (passport, visas, tickets…) and separate them from the original documents.
- Always carry your valuables, documents and money in your hand luggage.
- Make sure you are not carrying any restricted or prohibited items before entering the security checkpoints.
- Check the dimensions of hand luggage, weight and how many pieces are allowed in the airline you use before taking the plane. The policies are different depending on each airline.
What can I carry in hand luggage?
- External batteries.
- Hard drives.
When passing the security check, it is necessary to show them in separate trays and out of their covers.
- Liquids for special diets that must be consumed during the trip.
- Liquid medicines.
- All kinds of items purchased at airports.
Each passenger will be able to carry a bag with a maximum capacity of one liter (about 20×20 centimeters), which must pass the security check outside the baggage. Likewise, all the liquids mentioned above must be transported in a transparent bag with a closing and opening system and go in individual containers of less than 100 ml.
With regard to medications, it is necessary, as far as possible, to carry the prescription or medical prescription. Check with your company if you are traveling to a country outside the European Union. Likewise, in case you must transport other medical utensils such as syringes or measuring devices. The entry of medicines could be prohibited.
Lastly, with regard to purchases made at the airport, packages must be approved and sealed. In addition, you must show proof of purchase. Do not open your purchase until the final destination.
- Baby chairs.
- Baby strollers.
You can carry food inside your bags or hand luggage, although security personnel may ask you to open the packages and containers you are transporting. Except for restrictions on animal or dairy products, small amounts of food may be brought for personal consumption.
Meat, dairy and animal products
They must come from one of the 27 states of the European Union, or from Andorra, Greenland, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland. In addition to this, only small amounts of personal consumption can be transported.
Seeds, fruits, vegetables or live plants must be transported with an Official Phytosanitary Certificate in case they are not included in Regulation 2019/2072 of the European Union.
You can carry in hand luggage:
Drinks with more than twenty-two percent alcoholic strength can be up to 1 liter. Those of a lower grade, two liters. In addition, you can carry up to 16 liters of beer and four liters of wine.
In hand luggage it is possible to carry:
- Cigarettes (200 maximum).
- Cigarettes (100 maximum).
- Cigars (50 maximum).
- Rolling tobacco (two hundred and fifty maximum).
Certain other products are regulated when entering or leaving Spain or when traveling to Melilla, Ceuta or the Canary Islands:
- Protected species of wild flora, fauna or derived products.
- Weapon ammunition.
- Cultural assets.
- Live animals.
- Vegetables and vegetable products.
- Toy, imitation or reproduction weapons, if they can be confused with real weapons.
- Crossbows, arrows and bows.
- Fishing guns and harpoons
- Flare guns.
- Slingshots and slingshots.
- Firearm parts (except telescopic sights and scopes).
- Signal guns or \”starter\”.
- CO2 and compressed air weapons.
- Swift knives.
- Sword staves.
- Ice picks.
- Throwing stars.
- Knives with a blade longer than 6 centimeters.
- Scissors with blades longer than 6cm.
- Snap knives.
- Metal knives or any resistant material that can be used as a weapon.
- Open razors and razors (except disposable or safety).
- Ice skates.
- Knifing or stabbing martial arts equipment.
Gases and discharge elements
- Stun Batons.
- Pepper sprays.
- Stun guns.
- Taser-type electric guns.
- Acid sprays.
- Tear gas.
- Spicy substance sprays.
- Aerosols to repel animals.
- Pool cues.
- Golf clubs.
- Hockey and lacrosse sticks.
- Baseball bats.
- Equipment for martial arts (sticks, brass knuckles, batons, etc.).
- Canes and sticks such as: batons, blackjacks, trekking poles, ski poles, etc.
- Softball bats.
- Cricket bats.
- Oxidizing substances.
- Gases: propane, butane, etc.
- Organic peroxides.
- Bleaching substances (mercury, chlorine, etc.).
- Radioactive material.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Alkalis (wet batteries that may leak, etc.).
- Corrosive substances.
- Infectious materials (viruses, infected blood, bacteria, etc.).
- Chemical and/or toxic substances.
- Staple guns.
- Professional knives.
- Fixed projectile pistols.
- Blow torches.
- Drill bits.
Explosives and flammable substances
- Flammable or self-combusting materials.
- Flammable solids.
- Gas and gas cylinders.
- Other military explosive charges.
- Explosives (imitations or reproductions included).
- Smoke generating cartridges.
- Explosive devices (reproductions or imitations included).
- Matches (except safety matches).
- Substances that give off flammable gases on contact with water.
- Flammable liquid fuels.
- Paint thinners.
- Percussion caps.
- Any pyrotechnic item.
- Smoke canisters.
- Alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcoholic strength.
If you need information about the Pamplona airport destinations, I suggest you visit the page dedicated to it.